As we all know the new Coronavirus, known as Covid-19, is something that has been the topic of discussion for many of us in recent months. Due to how easily the virus is spread, our Government has had to enforce drastic rules and guidelines in order to try and prevent the virus spreading further.
The team at the Rolfe Property Group are taking every precaution possible to ensure that our employees and clients are kept safe during this troubling time. We are doing so by providing as much Personal Protective Equipment and training as we possibly can to our employees and by following all guidelines and restrictions that have been put in place by the Australian Government and World Health Organization.
We have provided some information below which we hope answers some questions you may have regarding Covid-19.
What is Coronavirus?
Coronavirus is a large group of viruses that are known to cause respiratory infections. In previous years, nations across the globe have had to combat pandemics that are similar to the current Covid-19 crises, such as SARS (Sudden Acute Respiratory Syndrome) and MERS (Middle East Respiratory Syndrome)
How is Covid-19 Spread?
Covid-19 is most likely to spread from person-to-person through:
- Close contact with a person while they are infectious or in the 24 hours before their symptoms appeared.
- Close contact with a person with a confirmed infection who coughs or sneezes.
- Touching objects or surfaces (such as door handles and tables) contaminated from a cough or sneeze from a person with a confirmed infection, and then touching your mouth or face.
How do we prevent the spread?
There are many things that individuals can do to help prevent the spread of the virus:
- Stay at home when possibly and only go out for essential items, keeping in mind the 2-person rule.
- Avoid being in public areas for longer than necessary.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds, before and after eating and after using the bathroom.
- Cover your cough and sneeze, dispose of tissues and wash your hands.
- Avoid close contact with others – keep a minimum of 1.5 meters between you and other people at all times.
What are the symptoms?
The symptoms of Covid-19 are very similar to other colds and flus and include:
- Sore Throat
- Shortness of breath/difficulty breathing.
For up to date information regarding Covid-19, as well as a list of current restrictions that are in place in the ACT and surrounding regions, please visit http://covid19.act.gov.au